Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky. How is it that you don’t know how to interpret this present time? (Luke 12: 56)
Jesus cries over Jerusalem because they do not recognize Gods timing. When He prophesies that Jerusalem will be destroyed it happens in 70 A.D. The not recognising the ‘signs of the times’ became fateful to Israel, because “you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.” (Luke 19:44). This is a warning to us all. We can have knowledge of the Bible, be convinced of the right ‘doctrine’ etc. but still miss Gods timing… How aweful!
The denial of Gods signs
It is dangerous to ignore the “signs of the times”. Jesus didn’t teach us on the sign of the end times for no reason! (read Matthew 24). Still many Christians are critical about this. They reason: “People have thought that through the centuries! And a hundred years ago there were already earthquakes and wars, so what tells me that we áre in the end times now?”
Learn from the fig tree
From the first century on believers expected Jesus’ return. There is an important difference though between then and the past 19 centuries! It is in our generation (the past 70 years) that prophecies are fulfilled that are historical facts:
- The territorial recovery of Israel in 1948 and the recovery of the Hebrew language are the biggest miracles in our modern history. An important prophetic turning point after almost 2000 years of exile!
- In our generation a massive return of Jews has taken place. 141 prophesies talk about the return of the Jewish people in the ‘end of times’. God is planting them back in the land of their forefathers. (Jer. 24:6)
- The past 70 years a physical recovery of the destroyed Land and cities took place. For centuries, Israel was a wasteland. In our generation it will be recovered (Isaiah 61:4)! Also, parts of the desert began to blossom (Jer. 51:3). People will say: “This land that was laid waste has become like the garden of Eden”(Ezek. 36:35)
- Reunification of Jerusalem in 1967. A unique prophetic moment because for the first time since centuries Jerusalem is under Jewish government again. “Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles UNTIL the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled” (Luke 21:24). Then, in one breath, Luke goes on and on about the return of the Messiah!
- Spiritual recovery. Since 1967 there is a beginning spiritual recovery: growth of the number of Messianic Jews!
These prophetic facts are completely or partially fulfilled in the past 70 years! The fig tree – symbol for Israel (Joel 1:7) – has already sprouted and KNOW that then it is near!
“Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you KNOW that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened “(Matthew 24: 32-34).
70 years Israel
On May 14th 1948 the state of Israel was founded. So this year, Israel exists for 70 years! The number 70 is not just a number, but stands for fulness, completeness, a whole generation. We keep reading it in the Bible. For example: there are 70 nations that originate from Sem, Cham and Jafeth (Gen. 10). Moses appointed 70 elders. Jesus sent out 70 disciples, etc..
Also, with the number 70 often an era is meant. Psalm 90:10 talks about a complete generation: “Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures.” The exile in Babylon took 70 years (Jer. 29:10). First, a generation had to pass.
Jerusalem, it is time!
Be alert to Gods timing! “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened”(Matthew 24:34). 70 years is about a complete generation, you could also say: the total fulfillment of a prophesy.
President Trump: “It is time to officially acknowledge Jerusalem as main capital if Israel”. ‘Jerusalem, it is time!’ That resonates! Is it a coincidence that Trump, especially now after 70 years, wants to acknowledge Jerusalem?
Is it a coincidence that the world reacts as a bitten dog? The UN was very quick with a rejecting resolution supported by a large majority. The Netherlands have also voted, under responsibility of secretary Zijlstra (in the mean time he stepped down…)
Jerusalem, a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling
Jerusalem, holy city for the Islam? Jerusalem is mentioned exactly 0 times in the Koran and certainly over 800 times in the Bible! Yes, pay attention tot he lies! One more time the nations of the earth will gather against Jerusalem. Why? To destroy the bearers of Gods covenant, to make themselves a throne. Read Zacheriah 12:2-3. It will be a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling, an immovable rock for the nations. And who try to move it will injure themselves.
70 years Israel! Jerusalem is Gods city and the world will be reigned from Jerusalem! We live in a prophetic time and the question is whether you understand the time where you live in. Lord let usb e like the sons of Issachar, who has insight in the times to know what Israel had to do.. (1 Chron. 12:32). From Petach Tikvah we want to make people alert tot his prophetic time. Are you with us? Please let us not miss Gods timing!