May God Almighty bless you and make you fruitful and multiply you, that you may become a company of peoples (Genesis 28:3).
The Hebrew word kahal means ‘gathering’, ‘multitude’ or ‘assembly’. So Gods promise to Jacob is: you will be an assembly of peoples or translated more freely: an ‘international church’.
ORIGIN OF THE CHURCH
Israel arises from Abrahams family. Later in the Sinai desert, Moses gathers together the assembly/kahal of Israel (Exodus 35:1). After reading the marriage certificate (10 commandments) God marries the ‘assembly of Israel’ (Exodus 20). Israel however is unfaithful and ends in exile. Still, God announces a new marriage covenant, straight in Israels heart: ‘I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.’ (Jeremiah 31: 31-34). That is why centuries later Jesus is sacrificed as a sacrificial lamb. His blood renews the marriage covenant between God and Israel. When the Holy Spirit falls on them during Sjavoeot/Pentecost, the covenant is written in their hearts! The renewed Messianic assembly is born! When later the gentiles come to faith there is also made space for them in Israels assembly. God fulfills the promise to Abraham: ‘… and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” (Genesis 12:2-3).
THE CHURCH NOT SEPERATE FROM ISRAEL
The word ‘kahal’ is freely translated in Greek as ecclesia, which means ‘the chosen’. In Bible translations ecclesia is often translated as church. Because of this choice of word it looks like the church is seperate from the assembly of Israel, like it’s a new institution. That is incorrect!
ASSEMBLY OF NATIONS AND ISRAELS SALVATION
‘For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,…’ (Ephesians 3:14-15). God is our Father and we are His family. This family relationship is spiritual as well as earthly. In Jesus we have commonwealth in heaven (Philipians 3:20) and on earth we are part of a family of believers with differences in ethnicity. We are children of the faith of Abraham by a blood covenant and the nations were always part of Gods plan. In our time thousands of Muslims come to faith in Jesus. Never before in history that has happened! Also there are testimonies of reconciliation and cooperation between Arabic Christians and Messianic Jews. This intercultural multi-ethnic family of God is part of the beauty of God. It is an assembly that comes into her fulness! And what does the Bible say about that? There is a partial hardening over Israel until the fulness of the gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved (Romans 11: 25). Worldwide Christians start to say: ‘This is our task: we want to help our Messianic brothers in inviting Jesjoea again in name of the bigger worldwide Body of Jesus’. This opens the door for Israel to be saved.
The puzzle is falling into place! That is why it is so special that accross the whole earth different movements appear that are all pointing back to Jerusalem:
- Western churches: ‘One new man’ vision (Ephesis 2:15): Jew and gentile united in one new man. Initiatives of strategic cooperation between churches and Messianic assemblies in Israel.
- Pacific Islands: Leaders of these Islands see themselves as a fulfilling of the prophecy of ‘the gospel brought to the end of the earth’ (Isaiah 49:6 and Acts 1:8). The fulfilling of the Great Commission makes the return of Jesus possible; the gospel back to Jerusalem.
- Silk route: the ‘Back to Jerusalem’ or ‘Road to Jerusalem’ movement in East-Asia (Acts 16:6, Matthew 2:1, Isaiah 59:19). Where the gospel was first moving to the west (Europe), nowadays the biggest revival in history takes place in the East (Asia)! The fact alone that millions of East-Asian Christians find themselves in Gods plan to spread the gospel westward to Jerusalem in preperation to His return, is historical!
- Isaiah 19 Highway: a road from Egypt to Syria through Israel whereby the Egyptians will serve the Lord together with Syria (Isaiah 19:23). Restoration for Abrahams family.
- Israel: Baruch Haba in Israel (Matthew 23:39): Leaders in Israel who will welcome Jesus: ‘Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord’.
Copied from the book ‘Allignment’ from Asher Intrater (Revive Israel).
FINISH THE GREAT COMMANDMENT
It is time for the church to focus the attention to Jerusalem to finish the great commandment. An alliance of faith between Israel and the church is necessary and will result in the welcoming of Jesus as Messiah ánd King of Israel. That will not happen without a struggle, because there will be a satanic, antichristian resistance.
PETACH TIKVAH commits herself to this plan of God with Israel and the nations. What is new, is that we started to strategically cooperate with the Israelian organisation Revive Israel. Read more about this on the next page.
“It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore the preserved of Israel; I will give you as a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.” (Isaiah 49:6).